Over the past few years, I have seen so many people throughout my life develop health issues related to poor eating habits and sedentary lifestyles. I have an immense amount of empathy for those and find myself having to cope with a roller coaster of emotions. This is the number one reason why I chose to go into nutrition as a profession. Each individual, has their own genetic makeup and no two people have the same exact eating habits and exercise regimen.
Most people feel they are invincible to the health risks associated to bad behaviors and poor choices until they are diagnosed… AND even then, most of them seem to not believe the health issues are caused from a lifestyle of poor choices.
I can’t fully explain the feeling I get when I know someone who is starting to make positive changes to live a healthier life. I suppose the best way to explain how I feel would be → elated beyond all measures.
Trust me, it is never too late to start making a change.
Here Are 12 Convincing Reasons To Eat Right and Exercise
- Save money in the long run. Yes, gym memberships can be pricy, home equipment can become an expensive investment, and healthy foods are typically overpriced… BUT medications, extra doctor visits, hospital stays, treatments and recovery and therapeutic aids, without a doubt, cost more overall.
- Ability to skip some of the extra caffeine, because exercise and food provide natural boosts in your energy levels.
- Promotes happiness, and a healthier, longer life.
- Can help make a dramatic difference on how you look and feel. Promotes more self-confidence and inspires a contentment in life.
- Can help you maintain a healthy weight and keep you from spiraling down the vicious cycle of yo-yo dieting (which has a ton of unhealthy side effects).
- Exercise lessens the risk for so many diseases that it being called the “miracle drug”. It even has few side effects.
- Be a hero!! Become a positive role model to those around you.
- As life goes on, you will have more opportunities to learn something new. New exercises, new recipes, new sports, new ways to cook, and meet new people with similar interests.
- Can help strengthen your heart.
- It can slow down and even reverse the changes made from metabolic syndrome. This syndrome consists of a combination of 3 of these 5: high blood pressure, high triglycerides, low HDL cholesterol, high blood sugar and fat accumulating around the belly. This syndrome is becoming one of the top leading causes of heart disease, diabetes, kidney and liver issues.
- Functional training will help you in real life: shoveling snow, moving heavy objects, play with your kiddos or grandkiddos, etc.
- Healthy foods generally have less calories and provide more nutrients and exercise will help you sweat off some extra calories which simply will help you maintain a stable and healthy weight!