I get this question a ton. So I want to ask you.
What kind of workout is the right workout?
Tough question huh?
The Right Answer is… The one you do!
The right workout is the one that makes you happy and motivates you! Do you feel good after doing it? Then that’s the one you should do!
There are 4 main types of exercises: 1.) Endurance 2.)Strength 3.)Balance and 4.)Flexibility
Then there are countless styles of workouts within those realms. Doing different types and styles will give you the optimal health and benefits you deserve!
There are many benefits to exercise: facilitates weight loss, helps prevent some health conditions and diseases, improves: mood, energy, sleep, and cognitive functions! I like to think of it as medication you need to take daily.
According to the Physical Activity Guidelines from www.health.gov, “Most health benefits occur with at least 150 minutes a week of moderate-intensity physical activity, such as brisk walking. Additional benefits occur with more physical activity.”
Physical activity has been studied and researched for a long time. There is strong evidence that it is one of the healthiest things you can do. It’s proven science people!
Any physical activity is better than none. So what are you waiting for…
Get up and get moving!
BUT WAIT….. Check out my new creation below. It’s a Peruvian Chicken Wrap. Make it gluten free just by eliminating the wheat wrap or substitute with a gluten free wrap. This wrap is full of healthy carbs, fat and protein! Everything you need all wrapped up in one convenient meal. 😉
- Chicken, cooked cut pieces or shredded
- Sweet potatoes, steamed or baked and cut into pieces
- corn, roasted
- black beans, cooked
- red quinoa, cooked
- goat cheese
- whole wheat tortillas (4 inch)
- Mint & Cilantro Dressing:
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- ¼ - 1 whole chili pepper
- 1tsp ginger powder
- 1tsp cumin powder
- Cook chicken or you can use rotisserie chicken if needing a quick meal.
- Cook sweet potatoes in microwave or oven, cut into 1 inch cubes or smaller.
- Cook corn and black beans and red quinoa according to directions. You can use any type of quinoa but I prefer the red with this for flavor combination purposes.
- While all the food is cooking, prepare the mint and cilantro dressing. Take the mint and cilantro leaves, the chili pepper and blend in food processor. Add water a little at a time until the mixture is smooth. I use over ⅓ cup water and used the smoothie setting on my Vitamix. Once finished, pour dressing into a bowl and add the ginger and cumin powder.
- Take all the ingredients and place atop the whole wheat tortilla.
- For a gluten free version, skip the whole wheat wrap.
- Want to add mayo: just mix together your choice of mayo and the mint/cilantro sauce!