Who I Am
Hey y’all! I’m Courtney, the creator of Fit Body Nourish. I am a DTR (Dietetic Technician, Registered) accredited by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. I am a Southern Belle from Mississippi that was uprooted back in 2007 and landed in the Midwest (to be more specific – Minneapolis, Minnesota). I am a foodie and a fitness enthusiast living a healthy lifestyle one sweet bite at a time.
Between king cakes, gumbo, crawfish, poboys, fried chicken and collard greens, my family seemed to find a good balance between cooking healthy meals and good Ole Southern Classics. My parents raised me and my two older brothers as athletes that participated in a variety of sports. Since the age of 2, I have spent many hours outside of academics as an athlete in dance, gymnastics and cheerleading.
Fast forward to the present, I am married to an amazing man named Mark. His contributions to Fit Body Nourish include but are not limited to: blog analyst, guest blogger, food taster and training partner. Mark is always encouraging me to step out of my fitness comfort zone. I reciprocate by cooking the hubby meals that are equally tasty and healthy.
We have one, amazing 3 year old, referred to as Sugar Plum (AKA Shugs) in the blog, and a fur kid (Yorkie Terrier) named Hunter Chase. Mark is typically my test subject for new or improved creations. If Hunter is having his way, he too gets to indulge in my creations from time to time. OK to be honest, it’s pretty much every time, I’m a lush when it comes to my dog’s happiness.
I get my daily high from breaking a good sweat! You can find me in the gym: lifting weights, doing plyometric style workouts, “zenning out” in yoga, and “living in my past dance life” at Barre class (just to name a few). You can be sure to find me running around one of the 10,000 lakes in Minnesota (11,842 statewide if your actually counting;) when the weather permits of course! I have ran in charity races like the Women’s Rock and participated in a few fitness competitions.
Early morning, I awake to yoga wake up app. I focus on daily workout journals and devotionals to keep me focused throughout the day.
On a Professional Note
In practice, I work in clinical nutrition and nutrition research. I believe a person has to eat right to feel right. Whether you are dealing with aliments or diseases, the consumption of the right foods can alleviate discomfort and some symptoms. What you see in the mirror is mostly what you eat. I do not like the word “diet” as it usually has a negative connotation. We should eat clean routinely and MODERATELY indulge. This is a lifestyle. Slow, steady changes can yield results with long lasting effects.
You just sit back, relax, grab a healthy snack, read and enjoy Fit Body Nourish. I know your life is busy, so my desire is to provide you with quick, inspiring messages that you can take away and implement in your life. You can also find me stirring up some news here on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram!
My thoughts and opinions are my own. The writing is my work and the “work in progress” photography is my own unless otherwise stated.
The fitness photography in the blog design is the amazing work by the talented Tiffany with Tiffany Lynn Photography.
I am extremely grateful for any time spent on Fit Body Nourish. Please share your thoughts, comments, and praises. My email is email@example.com.
- Fit Body Nourish exists to inspire you nutritionally and to help you create a healthier lifestyle for life!
- Let me be your daily dose of oomph to get your day started on the right foot…or left foot depending on what side of bed you’re on and which foot you put down first. Either works just the same – resulting in complete awesomeness!!
- Let me motivate you to eat smart and clean by fueling your body with the right types of foods.
- Let me work hard to research new and trending nutrition and fitness related topics. I will strive to provide you with knowledgeable information from evidence based and reliable sources. Nutrition is ever-changing as it is a baby science. As more research is done, the results may yield different outcomes. I will keep you informed.
- I will introduce you to healthy, lip-smacking recipes that won’t skimp on taste or satisfaction.
- 20% of blogs earnings will be donated to organizations whose focus is about health and wellness. These organizations will be featured in future blog posts.
- Whatever you decide to do… make sure it makes you happy!
- All foods should be enjoyed….. in MODERATION of course!
- PORTION CONTROL… PORTION CONTROL… PORTION CONTROL…. SAY IT. MEMORIZE IT. DO IT. I have to admit, it’s easier than counting calories.
- Nutrition is a science which should be explained by professionals.
- Creating a healthy lifestyle takes determination and hard work. If it sounds too good to be true (the easy way out)… it USUALLY is. Hard work and perseverance pays off.
- Some nutrition claims made by non professionals should be viewed with a skeptical eye.
- We have one life to live. So we must ENJOY it to the FULLEST!
- Do your research and speak with a dietetic professional when trying to make changes whether big or small.
The opinions provided in this blog are mine, not my clients, businesses, or other professional organizations with which I am affiliated. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and as such shall not be construed as medical advice implied or otherwise. No information, ingredient or product mentioned on this site is meant to diagnose, treat or replace professional medical advice. Please consult with your doctor before using any of the ingredients or products mentioned here. In this blog you may find links to third-party websites. At this time, I do not make endorsements to any information, products, or services that may be provided through these websites, individuals or organizations. At this time, the only financial relationship I have to any products, services or organizations mentioned on this blog are under the Supplements sub tab.