I came across this problem when I would start a tough set of squats or deadlifts for example. It never failed, that a song would come on, and it would just ruin the set. I would shake my head in disbelief or even chuckle at how funny the song title was or how some of the chorus was just not meant for serious weightlighting….
I started to take notice that this was becoming a continuing problem with quite a few songs on my playlist.
So for a light hearted post, here is my top list of songs, on my playlist, to not listen to when having a powerful workout.
1. Impossible – Shontelle
2. Wobble – V.I.C.
3. I Need A Doctor – Eminem
4. Down On Me – Jeremih and 50 Cent → When I lift heavy on upper body 😉
5. A** Back Home – Gym Class Heroes
6. Don’t Hurt It – Dev
7. Heart Skips a Beat – Oily Murs
8. Pause – Pitbull
9. A Light That Never Comes – LINKIN Park
10. Turn Down For What – DJ Snake & Lil Jon → for those who can’t multitask… every time the “for what” part comes on… I ask myself the very same question, and that interrupts my train of thought
11. We Are Done – Madden Brothers
12. Rather Be – Clean Bandit
13. Problem – Ariana Grande
14. Hit the Floor – Twista
15. Can’t Feel My Face – The Weeknd
16. Lean On – Major Lazer → imagine stability work and falling over 😉
17. Five Hours – Deorro → I can’t imagine the workout lasting that long
18. Numb – Nick Jonas
19. Pray To God – Calvin Harris → This one could go either way… you might need this one 😉
20. Misery – Gwen Stefani
Please comment below with your suggestions of songs to add to this list! I can’t wait to hear your choices!